Easy Chia Pudding
Published by Anne Altor on Sep 7th 2022
Chia pudding is a delicious, easy & nutritious breakfast or dessert. You can make it dairy-free, it's gluten-free, and it can take on many different flavors! The chia seed + milk combination provides both creamy and crunchy textures, and the pudding is similar to the consistency of yogurt. Nutrition-wise, the pudding contains a nice balance fiber, protein and fat. Mix it up the night before and it's ready for you in the morning!
Chia Pudding Recipe
Ingredients per serving:
- 3 to 4 Tbsp chia seeds (3 T for a thinner pudding, 4 T for a thicker one)
- 1 cup of your favorite milk (e.g., soy, nut milk, coconut milk)
- 1 tsp maple syrup or other sweetener
- pinch of salt
- Fresh fruit
- Puffed quinoa
- Stir chia seeds, sweetener and salt into milk.
- Let sit for 20–30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent clumping.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. The pudding will firm up and thicken.
- Serve with whatever toppings you like and additional milk if desired.
Chia pudding keeps for about 4 days in the fridge, so you can multiply the recipe to make enough for a few days at a time.